JABSOM Second Look Day:
March 31, 2022 & April 14, 2022
JABSOM Second Look Day will provide an opportunity to visit the campus and learn more about JABSOM’s curriculum and student life.
We are hoping that this will help you envision what it is like to be part of the JABSOM ohana.
Scheduled Virtual Sessions
All sessions will include an opportunity to ask your questions about JABSOM.
- The Clinical Years (MS3 & MS4) – In the third year (MS3), students participate in longitudinal clinical “clerkships”. These courses immerse learners in important clinical disciplines. Students participate in the care of patients under the supervision of medical school faculty and resident physicians. Students may be assigned a clerkship site on a neighbor island.
The fourth year (MS4) offers an opportunity for students to explore potential careers in medicine. In addition to required experiences, students may spend up to 24 weeks in electives designed to explore various clinical and biomedical research disciplines.
Learn more about the clinical years from faculty & current JABSOM MS3 & MS4 students.
- Community Health & Service Program – Community Health & Service Program courses are for first-year medical students to explore methods for promoting health and improving the quality of life for patients by working with a community organization throughout their entire first year. These community health organizations are fulfilling a health need of our community and medical student participation has a direct benefit to their clients.
Explore two Community Health & Service Programs – H.O.M.E. Project and Native Hawaiian Health.
- Extra-curricular & Co-curricular Activities – JABSOM hosts a variety of diverse academic organizations and interest groups for students whose interests, passions, and eagerness for knowledge extend beyond the classroom. These opportunities encourage student involvement within the campus, local and neighbor communities.
Join current medical students and learn more about various activities available at JABSOM.
- Student Support & Wellness – JABSOM is committed to creating a culture of wellness where being healthy and well is understood to be fundamental to thriving as individuals and as a collective. We seek to do this through building on our inherent strengths, and acknowledging where reforms and improvement need to be made as an organization and the field of medicine. As a school we are also working towards creating a healthier environment for our students through faculty/staff development and normalizing self-care and seeking help.
More information will be provided on student support services and wellness JABSOM.
- JABSOM Campus Tours – Second-year medical student ambassadors will offer campus tours and informational sessions in the early afternoon on both days.
UPDATES FOR CAMPUS TOURS
Please read the following updates for JABSOM COVID-19 Safety Practices as of March 28, 2022:
- NO LONGER REQUIRED: Mandatory Daily Screening and Daily Self-Monitoring via LumiSight UH, vaccination, or negative test result
- REQUIRED: Mask-wearing for campus tours